誰才是真正的婆羅門?Annatarabrahmana Vatthu

Annatarabrahmana Vatthu 




Dhammapada Verse 386 

Jhayim viraja' masinam
katakicca' manasavam
uttamattha' manuppattam
tamaham brumi brahmanam.

Verse 386: Him I call a brahmana, who dwells in seclusion practising Tranquility and Insight Meditation and is free from taints (of moral defilements); who has performed his duties, and is free from moral intoxicants (asavas) and has reached the highest goal (arahatship).


The Story of a Certain Brahmin

While residing at the Jetavana monastery, the Buddha uttered Verse (386) of this book, with reference to a brahmin.

One day, a brahmin thought to himself, "Gotama Buddha calls his disciples 'brahmana'. I also am a brahmin by caste. Shouldn't I also be called a brahmana?" So thinking, he went to the Buddha and posed this question. To him the Buddha replied, "I do not call one a brahmana simply because of his caste; I only call him a brahmana, who has attained arahatship."

Then the Buddha spoke in verse as follows:

Verse 386: Him I call a brahmana, who dwells in seclusion practising Tranquility and Insight Meditation and is free from taints (of moral defilements); who has performed his duties, and is free from moral intoxicants (asavas) and has reached the highest goal (arahatship).

At the end of the discourse the brahmin attained Sotapatti Fruition.

誰才是真正的婆羅門?


修習止觀,安住僻靜處,遠離塵垢,該做的事都已經做了(所做皆辦),沒有諸般煩惱,並且證得最高境界(涅槃)的人,我稱之為婆羅門。 (偈 386)


  有一天,一位婆羅門心想:「佛陀稱呼他的弟子為『婆羅門』,我是四種姓中的婆羅門,所以也該被稱為『婆羅門』!」

  有了這種想法後,他就去找佛陀,請教這個問題。佛陀回答他:

  「我不會因為一個人是四種姓中的婆羅門,而稱呼他『婆羅門』,我只稱呼阿羅漢為『婆羅門』。」

註:佛法主張人必須自己努力修行,以獲得聖果,聖果是無法世襲的;一切眾生都可能經由滌除所有的污垢和煩惱,而成為聖者。


‧摘錄自‧《法句經‧故事集》達摩難陀法師著


Daily Reading of Buddhist Scriptures 每日讀佛經 ཉིན་རེར་དམ་ཆོས་ཀློག་པ། 25 January 2021



https://youtu.be/Gq5zsBBAATM



Namo tassa bhagavato arahato sammāsambuddhasa(x3)


Dhammapada

《法句經》

ཆོས་ཀྱི་ཚིགས་སུ་བཅད་པ་ཞེས་བྱ་བའི་མདོ་བཞུགས་སོ། །


26. Brāhmaṇavaggo

Chapter Twenty Six   The Holy Man

第二十六章 婆羅門

ཉེར་དྲུག་པ་བྲམ་ཟེའི་ལེའུ།


386. Jhāyiṃ virajamāsīnaṃ,

katakiccamanāsavaṃ;

Uttamatthamanuppattaṃ, 

tamahaṃ brūmi brāhmaṇaṃ.


386. He who is meditative, stainless and settled, whose work is done and who is free from cankers, having reached the highest goal — him do I call a holy man.


386.我所稱的婆羅門,是能獨居靜處,勤修止觀、遠離煩惱污垢、所應學應作的事已辦,沒有煩惱,並已證得最高境界的人。


386.我所称的婆罗门,是能独居静处,勤修止观、远离烦恼污垢、所应学应作的事已办,没有烦恼,并已证得最高境界的人。


༣༨༦༽ གང་ཞིག་བསམ་གཏན་དྲི་མེད་གནས། །བྱ་བ་བྱས་ཤིང་ཉོན་མོངས་ཟད། །མཐར་ཐུག་གོ་འཕང་རབ་འཐོབ་པ། །དེ་ལ་བདག་ནི་བྲམ་ཟེར་བརྗོད། །


You may choose your language. The five options are: Pali, English, Cantonese and Putonghua, Tibetan.

您可以選擇您的語言:巴利語、英語、廣東話、普通話、藏語

ཁྱེད་ཀྱིས་པཱ་ལཱའི་སྐད་དམ་དབྱིན་སྐད་དམ་ཧོང་ཀོང་གི་སྐད་དང་རྒྱ་ནག་གི་སྐད་དང་བོད་སྐད་ལྔ་པོ་དེ་ལ་གང་རུང་འདམ་ཆོག


It is a free gift.

此是免費贈送的法寶。

འབུལ་བ་འདི་རིན་མེད་ཡིན། 


#Dhammapada

#法句經

#ཆོསཀྱིཚིགསསུབཅསཔ།

#DharmaisNOTforSALE

#佛法是非賣品

#དམཆོསརིནམེད

留言

此網誌的熱門文章

尊敬值得尊敬的人 Sariputtatthera Vatthu

觀念錯誤的裸形外道 Nigantha Vatthu

妻子出家為比丘尼 Dhammadinna Theri Vatthu