領會佛法的奧妙並不容易 Upakajivaka Vatthu

Upakajivaka Vatthu  


Dhammapada Verse 353 

Sabbabhibhu sabbaviduhamasmi
sabbesu dhammesu anupalitto
sabbanjaho tanhakkhaye vimutto
sayam abhinnaya kamuddiseyyam.

Verse 353: I have overcome all, I know all, I am detached from all, I have given up all; I am liberated from moral defilements having eradicated craving, (i.e., I have attained arahatship). Having comprehended the Four Noble Truths by myself, whom should I point out as my teacher?


The Story of Upaka

The Buddha uttered Verse (353) of this book, in answer to the question put up by Upaka, a non-Buddhist ascetic, while the Buddha was on his way to the Deer Park (Migadaya) where the Group of Five Bhikkhus (Panca Vaggis) were staying. The Buddha was going there to expound the Dhamma cakkappavattana Sutta to the Panca Vaggis, his old associates, viz., Kondanna, Bhaddiya, Vappa, Assaji, and Mahanama. When Upaka saw Gotama Buddha, he was very much impressed by the radiant countenance of the Buddha and so said to him, "Friend, you look so serene and pure; may I know who your teacher is?" To him, the Buddha replied that he had no teacher.

Then the Buddha spoke in verse as follows:

Verse 353: I have overcome all, I know all, I am detached from all, I have given up all; I am liberated from moral defilements having eradicated craving, (i.e., I have attained arahatship). Having comprehended the Four Noble Truths by myself, whom should I point out as my teacher?

At the end of the discourse Upaka expressed neither approval nor disapproval but just nodded a few times and went on his way.

領會佛法的奧妙並不容易


我已經克服一切,已經明白一切,一切法都不染著;我離棄一切,去除所有煩惱,證得阿羅漢果,我親自證得四聖諦,誰是我老師? (偈 353 )


  佛陀證悟後,前往鹿野苑初轉法輪時,在路上遇見一位四處雲行,名字叫做優波迦的苦行外道。當他看見佛陀容光煥發時,十分感動,就說:

  「朋友 (註1) ,你如此沈著清淨,誰是你的老師?你奉行什麼法?」

  「我沒有任何老師!」佛陀說。

  優波迦接著請問佛法精義,佛陀就向他開示。聽聞佛陀說法後,優波迦不置可否,只點了幾次頭,就離開了 (註2) 。


註 1:這是自認為與佛陀平等的人們對佛陀的稱呼

註 2:並不是每一位有幸與佛陀相遇的人都認可佛法。但大阿羅漢如舍利弗尊者只聽聞一半的偈語就確信佛法是究竟正法。 (請參考故事:了解正法甚難)


Daily Reading of Buddhist Scriptures 每日讀佛經 ཉིན་རེར་དམ་ཆོས་ཀློག་པ། 3 January 2021




https://youtu.be/C7tednOHs0I



Namo tassa bhagavato arahato sammāsambuddhasa(x3)


Dhammapada

《法句經》

ཆོས་ཀྱི་ཚིགས་སུ་བཅད་པ་ཞེས་བྱ་བའི་མདོ་བཞུགས་སོ། །


24. Taṇhāvagga

Chapter Twenty Four  Craving

第二十四章 愛欲

ཉེར་བཞི་པ་སྲེད་པའི་ལེའུ། 


353. Sabbābhibhū sabbavidūhamasmi, 

sabbesu dhammesu anūpalitto;

Sabbañjaho taṇhakkhaye vimutto, 

sayaṃ abhiññāya kamuddiseyyaṃ.


353. A victor am I over all, all have I known. Yet unattached am I to all that is conquered and known. Abandoning all, I am freed through the destruction of craving. Having thus directly comprehended all by myself, whom shall I call my teacher? 

(This was the Buddha's reply to a wandering ascetic who asked him about his teacher. The Buddha's answer shows that Supreme Enlightenment was his own unique attainment, which he had not learned from anyone else.)


353.我(佛陀)已征服一切、了知一切、不執著一切、捨棄一切,在根除渴愛之後已解脫所有煩惱,在體證四聖諦之後,我還可稱誰為師呢?


353.我(佛陀)已征服一切、了知一切、不执着一切、舍弃一切,在根除渴爱之后已解脱所有烦恼,在体证四圣谛之后,我还可称谁为师呢?


༣༥༣༽ བདག་ནི་ཀུན་ལས་རྒྱལ་ཞིང་ཐམས་ཅད་ཤེས། །རྒྱལ་ཞིང་ཤེས་པའི་ཆོས་ལ་ཆགས་པའང་མེད། །ཀུན་སྤངས་སྲེད་པ་བཅོམ་ཞིང་གྲོལ་བར་གྱུར། །དེ་ལྟར་རང་གིས་ཐད་ཀར་ཀུན་ཤེས་སོ། །དེ་ཕྱིར་ང་ཡི་སྟོན་པ་སུ་ལ་བརྗོད། །


You may choose your language. The five options are: Pali, English, Cantonese and Putonghua, Tibetan.

您可以選擇您的語言:巴利語、英語、廣東話、普通話、藏語

ཁྱེད་ཀྱིས་པཱ་ལཱའི་སྐད་དམ་དབྱིན་སྐད་དམ་ཧོང་ཀོང་གི་སྐད་དང་རྒྱ་ནག་གི་སྐད་དང་བོད་སྐད་ལྔ་པོ་དེ་ལ་གང་རུང་འདམ་ཆོག


It is a free gift.

此是免費贈送的法寶。

འབུལ་བ་འདི་རིན་མེད་ཡིན། 


#Dhammapada

#法句經

#ཆོསཀྱིཚིགསསུབཅསཔ།

#DharmaisNOTforSALE

#佛法是非賣品

#དམཆོསརིནམེད



留言

此網誌的熱門文章

尊敬值得尊敬的人 Sariputtatthera Vatthu

觀念錯誤的裸形外道 Nigantha Vatthu

妻子出家為比丘尼 Dhammadinna Theri Vatthu