婆羅門不是世襲的 Eka Brahmana Vatthu
Eka Brahmana Vatthu
Dhammapada Verse 396
Na caham brahmanam brumi
yonijam mattisambhavam,
bhovadi1 nama so hoti
sace hoti sakincano
akincanam anadanam
tamaham brumi brahmanam.
Verse 396: I do not call him a brahmana just because he is born from the womb of a brahmana mother. He is just a bhovadi brahmin if he is not free from moral defilements. Him I call a brahmana, who is free from moral defilements and from attachment.
1. bhovadi: 'Bho' is a familiar term of address used to inferiors and equals. The epithet 'bhovadi', therefore, implies arrogance. Brahmins usually addressed the Buddha as 'Bho Gotama!' The term 'bhovadi' is applied reproachfully by the Buddhists to the brahmins.
The Story of a Brahmin
While residing at the Jetavana monastery, the Buddha uttered Verse (396) of this book, with reference to a brahmin.
Once, a brahmin from Savatthi thought that since the Buddha called his disciples 'brahmanas', he should also be called a 'brahmana' because he was born of brahmin parents. When he told the Buddha about this, the Buddha replied to him, "O brahmin! I do not call him a brahmana just because he is born of brahmin parents. I call him a brahmana only if he is free from moral defilements and cut off all clinging to existence."
Then the Buddha spoke in verse as follows:
| Verse 396: I do not call him a brahmana just because he is born from the womb of a brahmana mother. He is just a bhovadi brahmin if he is not free from moral defilements. Him I call a brahmana, who is free from moral defilements and from attachment. |
At the end of the discourse that brahmin attained Sotapatti Fruition.
婆羅門不是世襲的
不能因為是婆羅門母親所生,就是婆羅門(註 1),如果有種種煩惱,也不過是一位婆羅門(註 2)而已,只有去除一切執著的人,我才稱之為婆羅門。 (偈 396)
從前,舍衛城中有一位婆羅門認為:既然佛陀稱呼弟子為「婆羅門」,那麼他的父母親都是婆羅門,所以,佛陀也應該稱呼他「婆羅門」。他這麼想著,就去找佛陀,說明他的看法。
佛陀說:「婆羅門,我不因為任何人的父母親是婆羅門,就稱呼那人「婆羅門」。我只稱呼完全沒有煩惱,而且不再執著生命的人為『婆羅門』。」
註1:此處的婆羅門指的是有修持的人。
註2:此處的婆羅門指的是種姓上的婆羅門,與修持境界無關。
Daily Reading of Buddhist Scriptures 每日讀佛經 ཉིན་རེར་དམ་ཆོས་ཀློག་པ། 3 February 2021
Namo tassa bhagavato arahato sammāsambuddhasa(x3)
Dhammapada
《法句經》
ཆོས་ཀྱི་ཚིགས་སུ་བཅད་པ་ཞེས་བྱ་བའི་མདོ་བཞུགས་སོ། །
26. Brāhmaṇavaggo
Chapter Twenty Six The Holy Man
第二十六章 婆羅門
ཉེར་དྲུག་པ་བྲམ་ཟེའི་ལེའུ།
396. Na cāhaṃ brāhmaṇaṃ brūmi,
yonijaṃ mattisambhavaṃ;
Bhovādi nāma so hoti,
sace hoti sakiñcano;
Akiñcanaṃ anādānaṃ,
tamahaṃ brūmi brāhmaṇaṃ.
396. I do not call him a holy man because of his lineage or high-born mother. If he is full of impeding attachments, he is just a supercilious man. But who is free from impediments and clinging — him do I call a holy man.
396.我不會因他是從婆羅門母胎出生而叫他做婆羅門的,若他仍未解脫煩惱,亦不過是名義上的婆羅門而已。我只稱已解脫煩惱和執著的人為婆羅門。
396.我不会因他是从婆罗门母胎出生而叫他做婆罗门的,若他仍未解脱烦恼,亦不过是名义上的婆罗门而已。我只称已解脱烦恼和执着的人为婆罗门。
༣༩༦༽ བྲམ་ཟེ་ཡིན་བཞིན་སྐྱེ་གནས་དང་། །མ་ལས་འབྱུང་ཞེས་བདག་མི་སྨྲ། །དེ་ནི་བྷོ་སྒྲོགས་བྱ་བ་དང་། །དེ་ནི་ནོར་ཅན་ཡིན་དུ་ཟད། །ཅི་ཡང་མེད་ཅིང་མི་ལེན་པ། །དེ་ལ་བདག་ནི་བྲམ་ཟེར་བརྗོད། །
You may choose your language. The five options are: Pali, English, Cantonese and Putonghua, Tibetan.
您可以選擇您的語言:巴利語、英語、廣東話、普通話、藏語
ཁྱེད་ཀྱིས་པཱ་ལཱའི་སྐད་དམ་དབྱིན་སྐད་དམ་ཧོང་ཀོང་གི་སྐད་དང་རྒྱ་ནག་གི་སྐད་དང་བོད་སྐད་ལྔ་པོ་དེ་ལ་གང་རུང་འདམ་ཆོག
It is a free gift.
此是免費贈送的法寶。
འབུལ་བ་འདི་རིན་མེད་ཡིན།
#Dhammapada
#法句經
#ཆོསཀྱིཚིགསསུབཅསཔ།
#DharmaisNOTforSALE
#佛法是非賣品
#དམཆོསརིནམེད

留言
發佈留言